FAQ – When to make a deposit to protect your assets?
It is recommended to deposit:
- Before the asset is made public to avoid any appropriation;
- Each time the asset is changed.
When the asset is a work, it is recommended to deposit:
- Before the work is completed in order to pre-constitute proof of ownership of the rights relating to the work as soon as possible, in particular by depositing preparatory documents, specifications, etc.;
- Before the work is published and/or commercialized, in order to protect against possible usurpation by third parties;
- For each new version or improvement of the work so that the changes made to the original work are preserved and a logical link is established between the different versions of the same work.